STEP can provide training which is empirically-informed and customised to fit your needs. This could be specific training content you seek or the format and delivery of the training. STEP provides a wide range of delivery options including full day workshops, twilight sessions and interactive virtual training. STEP works in partnership with a range of stakeholders from the public and third sectors to deliver training that adopts a rich and broad view of education and represents all aspects of the mobile communities’ interests.
Example training themes include:
- Educational legislation and how it relates to Gypsy/Traveller culture, traditions and contemporary mobile lives.
- How well do our schools and curriculum celebrate mobile culture and promote equality and diversity?
- How well does our school work towards eliminating discrimination, including bullying?
- Engaging families in the life of the school: Voice, belonging and participatory approaches.
- Using creative visual methods to facilitate meaningful dialogue and democratic participation.